Livingston County Divorce Court:
At Findling Law, we have the great privilege of appearing before divorce courts throughout the state of Michigan. One of these courts is the Livingston County divorce court. The Livingston County divorce court – Family Division is simply known as the Livingston County divorce Court.
The Livingston County divorce Court is located at 204 S. Highlander Way, Suite 4 in Howell, Michigan and is staffed by two experienced and knowledgeable divorce and family law judges that understand Livingston County divorce law.
- The Honorable Carol Sue Reader is the presiding judge of the Livingston County Intensive Treatment Court (Mental Health Court) and a Family Court. Judge Reader regularly handles family law and divorce cases without minor children. Judge Reader was elected in January 2007 and re-elected in January 2013. She is a graduate of Washtenaw Community College, University of Michigan, Michigan State University and Thomas M. Cooley Law School.
- The Honorable L. Suzanne Geddis is a 53rd District Michigan Judge admitted to the practice of law in 1983.
The Livingston County divorce court provides services to parties with minor children involving divorce, family support, interstate and paternity cases. The Friend of the court is located in the Court House and is staffed by referees, counselor’s, support specialists and support staff that assist the Livingston County Circuit and District Court Judges in resolving disputes and perform other administrative functions.
An important consideration before entering the Livingston County divorce court and the Livingston County divorce Friend of the Court are the security requirements. You will be subject to building security before you enter the court and must pass through a medical detector. The specific items being banned changes however, cellphones with a camera and weapons are always banned.
For many divorce, custody and family law related issues, there is no need to travel all of the way to the courthouse. You can access many resources online.
The Livingston County Friend of the Court also has many online resources including:
- Divorce without minor children: http://www.livgov.com/courts/circuit/clerk/Pages/divorce.aspx
- Divorce with children: http://www.livgov.com/courts/circuit/clerk/Pages/Divorce/divorcewithchildren.aspx
- Custody and Support: http://www.livgov.com/courts/circuit/clerk/Pages/custodysupport.aspx
- Michigan Child Support Formula Manual: http://courts.mi.gov/Administration/SCAO/OfficesPrograms/FOC/Pages/Child-Support-Formula.aspx
- Michigan Court Rules: http://courts.mi.gov/Courts/MichiganSupremeCourt/rules/Pages/current-court-rules.aspx
- Payments due on domestic cases: https://www.govpaynow.com/gps/user/plc/1442;jsessionid=feb98f0673e1c5a48fcb3022a786
Findling Law is grateful to be able to practice law in the Livingston County Circuit Court – Family Division and throughout Michigan.
About Findling Law
I have been exclusively practicing divorce and family law in Michigan for over two decades. The attorneys at Findling Law all share the core value of practicing law to help people navigate change in their lives, without compromising principles. We specialize in high socio-economic, high-profile and high-conflict cases, while also working with clients of all backgrounds. We recognize that the most important aspect of the practice of law is the application of the law to your specific circumstances.
That is why we provide more free information on divorce and family law than any other Michigan law firm. We want to help you manage your situation. Allow our exceptional legal team to help you navigate the change in your life, without compromising principles.
We want to help you manage your situation. Let our exceptional legal team help you . . .
Local: +1 (248) 399-3300 – toll free: (877-YOUR FIRM)
Or email me at: Daniel@Findlinglaw.com
By: Daniel Findling