Oakland County Circuit Court – Family Division: At Findling Law, we have the great privilege of appearing before divorce courts throughout the state of Michigan. One of these courts is the Oakland County Circuit Court. The Oakland County Circuit Court – Family Division is simply known as a Michigan Divorce Court.
The Oakland County Circuit Court is located at 1200 N. Telegraph Rd. in Pontiac, Michigan and is staffed by seven experienced and knowledgeable judges that understand divorce law.
- The Honorable Mary Ellen Brennan is the presiding judge of the Oakland County Family-Focused Juvenile Drug Court. Judge Brennan was elected to the Oakland County Circuit Court on November 4, 2008 and is a graduate of James Madison College of Michigan State University and Wayne State University Law School.
- The Honorable Lisa Gorcyca was elected to the Oakland County Circuit Court in November of 2008. She is a graduate of Michigan State University and Detroit College of law.
- The Honorable Linda S. Hallmark is the Chief Probate Judge and former presiding Judge of the Circuit Court Family Division. She is a graduate of Michigan State University and Wayne State University School of law.
- The Honorable Cheryl A. Matthews was elected to the Oakland County Circuit Court in November of 2004 and a former Oakland County Circuit Court prosecutor. Judge Matthews is a graduate of the University of Michigan and Fordham University school of law.
- The Honorable Karen D. McDonald was elected to the Oakland County Circuit Court in November of 2012. She is a graduate of Wayne State University School of law.
- The Honorable Elizabeth Pezzetti was appointed to the Oakland County Probate Court in 2001 and a graduate of Wayne State University School of Law.
- The Honorable Joan E. Young was appointed to the Oakland County Circuit Court in March of 1997 and is the presiding Judge the Adult Treatment Court.
The Oakland County Friend of the Court provides services to parties with minor children involving divorce, family support, interstate and paternity cases. The Friend of the court is located at 230 Elizabeth Lake Rd., Pontiac, Michigan a few miles from the Court House. The Oakland County Friend of the Court is staffed by referees, counselors, support specialists and support staff that assist the Macomb County Circuit Court Judges resolve disputes and perform other administrative functions.
An important consideration before entering the Oakland County Circuit Court and the Oakland County Friend of the Court are the security requirements. You will be subject to building security before you enter the court and must pass through a medical detector. The specific items being banned changes however, cellphones with a camera and weapons are always banned.
For many divorce, custody and family law related issues, there is no need to travel all of the way to the courthouse. You can access many resources online.
The Oakland County Friend of the Court also has many online resources including:
- Forms: http://www.oakgov.com/libraries/pages/topics/courtforms.aspx
- Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.oakgov.com/courts/circuit/Pages/faq/default.aspx
- Michigan Child Support Formula Manual: http://courts.mi.gov/Administration/SCAO/OfficesPrograms/FOC/Pages/Child-Support-Formula.aspx
- Court Explorer – Case lookup: http://www.oakgov.com/clerkrod/pages/courtexplorer.aspx
- Michigan Court Rules: http://courts.mi.gov/Courts/MichiganSupremeCourt/rules/Pages/current-court-rules.aspx
- Payments due on domestic cases: https://www.govpaynow.com/gps/user/plc/1442;jsessionid=feb98f0673e1c5a48fcb3022a786
Findling Law is grateful to be able to practice law in Oakland County Circuit Court – Family Division and throughout Michigan.
About Findling Law
I have been exclusively practicing divorce and family law in Michigan for over two decades. The attorneys at Findling Law all share the core value of practicing law to help people navigate change in their lives, without compromising principles. We specialize in high socio-economic, high-profile and high-conflict cases, while also working with clients of all backgrounds. We recognize that the most important aspect of the practice of law is the application of the law to your specific circumstances.
That is why we provide more free information on divorce and family law than any other Michigan law firm. We want to help you manage your situation. Allow our exceptional legal team to help you navigate the change in your life, without compromising principles.
We want to help you manage your situation. Let our exceptional legal team help you . . .
Local: +1 (248) 399-3300 – toll free: (877-YOUR FIRM)
Or email me at: Daniel@Findlinglaw.com
By: Daniel Findling