Macomb County Circuit Court – Family division (Divorce Court): At Findling Law, we have the great privilege of appearing before divorce courts throughout the state of Michigan. One of the most enjoyable courts to practice in is the Macomb County Circuit Court. Why? The Macomb County Divorce Court has experienced and knowledgeable judges that understand divorce law.
The Macomb County Circuit Court is located at 40 N. Main St. in Mt. Clemens, Michigan and has four judges that preside on the family court bench, Kathryn A. Viviano is the presiding judge of the family division. The other family court judges include, Mark S. Switalski, Tracey A. Yokich and Kathryn A. George.
A family law case with minor children may be referred to the Macomb County Friend of the Court which is located on the 6th floor of the Courthouse.
An important consideration before entering the Macomb County Circuit Court is the security requirements. You will be subject to building security before you enter the court and must pass through a medical detector. The specific items being banned changes however, weapons are always banned.
With divorce cases that include minor children, the Macomb County Friend of the Court. The Macomb County Friend of the Court is staffed by referees, counselors, support specialists and support staff that assist the Macomb County Circuit Court Judges resolve disputes and perform other administrative functions.
For many divorce, custody and family law related issues, there is no need to travel all of the way to the courthouse. You can access many resources online.
The Macomb County Friend of the Court also has many online resources including:
- Forms: http://www.macombcountymi.gov/circuitcourt/friendofthecourtforms.htm
- Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.macombgov.org/circuitcourt/friendofthecourt_FAQ.htm
- Michigan Child Support Formula Manual: http://courts.mi.gov/Administration/SCAO/OfficesPrograms/FOC/Pages/Child-Support-Formula.aspx
The Macomb County Circuit Court also has many resources available free and online, including:
- Case lookup: http://macombcountymi.gov/eservices/home.page.3
- Michigan Court Rules: http://courts.mi.gov/Courts/MichiganSupremeCourt/rules/Pages/current-court-rules.aspx
- Payments due on domestic cases: https://www.govpaynow.com/gps/user/plc/1442;jsessionid=feb98f0673e1c5a48fcb3022a786
Findling is grateful to be able to practice law in Macomb County and throughout Michigan.
We are here to help you navigate this journey by focusing on your goals. If you have any questions concerning any aspect of the law, let me know. My direct line is 248-399-3300 or toll free: 877-968-7347.
Let our exceptional legal team help you . . .,
Let it be our privilege to help.
By: Daniel Findling
The Divorce Guy, Michigan Divorce Attorneys and Specialists