The Wayne County Friend of the Court is changing its contact information.
Beginning December 1, 2016, The Wayne County Friend of the Court will be changing its phone number. The change is in accordance with an upgrade in technology from the State of Michigan.
The new Wayne County Friend of the Court telephone number will be 1-877-543-2660. The old Wayne County Friend of the Court phone number 1-313-224-5300 will continue to be operable for a transitional period.
The Wayne County Friend of the Court provides services to parties with minor children involving divorce, family support, interstate and paternity cases. The Friend of the court is located at 645 Griswald St. #150, Detroit, Michigan in the Penobscot building a few blocks from the Court House. The Wayne County Friend of the Court is staffed by referees, counselors, support specialists and support staff that assist the Wayne County Circuit Court Judges resolve disputes and perform other administrative functions.
An important consideration before entering the Wayne County Circuit Court and the Wayne County Friend of the Court are the security requirements. You will be subject to building security before you enter the court and must pass through a medical detector. The specific items being banned changes however, cellphones with a camera and weapons are always banned.
For many divorce, custody and family law related issues, there is no need to travel all of the way to the courthouse. You can access many resources online.
WAYNE COUNTY DIVORCE COURT ONLINE RESOURCES
The Wayne County Divorce Court also has many online resources including:
- Referee list: https://www.3rdcc.org/Documents%5CFamilyDomestic%5CFOC%5CMiscellaneous%5CReferee%20Hearing%20Schedules%5E%5E%5E.pdf
- Friend of the Court handbook: https://www.3rdcc.org/Documents/FamilyDomestic/FOC/General/FD-FOC4064%20Friend%20of%20the%20Court%20Handbook%5E%5E%5E.pdf?v=%3C%=DateTime.Now()%%3E
- Friend of the Court Website: https://www.3rdcc.org/FOC.aspx
- Michigan Child Support Formula Manual: http://courts.mi.gov/Administration/SCAO/OfficesPrograms/FOC/Pages/Child-Support-Formula.aspx
- Court Records online (Explorer – Case look up): https://www.3rdcc.org/OPA.aspx
- Michigan Court Rules: http://courts.mi.gov/Courts/MichiganSupremeCourt/rules/Pages/current-court-rules.aspx
- Payments due on domestic cases: https://www.govpaynow.com/gps/user/plc/1442;jsessionid=feb98f0673e1c5a48fcb3022a786
Findling Law is grateful to be able to practice law in Wayne County Divorce Court – Family Division and throughout Michigan.
We are here to help you navigate this journey by focusing on your goals. If you have any questions concerning any aspect of the law, let me know. My direct line is 248-399-3300 or toll free: 877-968-7347.
Let our exceptional legal team help you . . .,
Let it be our privilege to help.
By: Daniel Findling
The Divorce Guy, Michigan Divorce Attorneys and Specialists