The following guide is provided as an outline of child custody laws in MI. Our Michigan divorce attorneys have provided the following guide to help you understand what every parent should know about child custody laws in MI. When a child is involved in a divorce the energy often rises. Parents have to deal with both the end of their relationship and plan the beginning of a new relationship with the kids.
The child custody laws in MI can be complex and our Michigan divorce lawyers have got you covered with answers to your questions. The following is a guide to child custody laws in MI.
Child custody laws in MI
- More than the basics
- 15 minute video on child custody laws in MI
- How to change custody
- Joint legal custody in Michigan
- The moral fitness of the parties
- What to do when you cannot agree?
- 9 minute video on child custody evaluation testing
- How to modify a custody award
- Can a child choose who to live with?
- Definitions and types of custody
- Should you move out of the house?
- Frequently asked questions
- Best interest of the child explained
- Visitation and parenting time
- Child support in Michigan
- Child support statute of limitations
We believe that helping you understand the law will help you make better decisions. We are constantly updating our information on child custody laws in MI and recognize that you may have a question not answered on this site. Therefore, we want to encourage you to contact us and ask for a free confidential consultation.
About Findling Law
I have been exclusively practicing divorce and family law in Michigan for over two decades. The attorneys at Findling Law all share the core value of practicing law to help people navigate change in their lives, without compromising principles. We specialize in high socio-economic, high-profile and high-conflict cases, while also working with clients of all backgrounds. We recognize that the most important aspect of the practice of law is the application of the law to your specific circumstances.
That is why we provide more free information on divorce and family law than any other Michigan law firm. We want to help you manage your situation. Allow our exceptional legal team to help you navigate the change in your life, without compromising principles.
We want to help you manage your situation. Let our exceptional legal team help you . . .
Local: +1 (248) 399-3300 – toll free: (877-YOUR FIRM)
Or email me at: Daniel@Findlinglaw.com
By: Daniel Findling